When thinking of starting a new home renovation process you may ask yourself, “How does this process work?” When you contact John Hancock Contracting, Inc., this is how:
- Write down your goals and desires to make sure you have a clear understanding
- Call or Email us to set up your free initial renovation consultation
- Once we review your list, we'll set up an appointment to meet at your house where we can further discuss your goals, budget and the feasibility of each project within budget
- After our initial consult we will take your list, along with the notes from the meeting, and write up a set of “specs” for your job. These specs have a dual purpose:
- 1st - The specs are a detailed electronic cost breakdown of your project
- 2nd - The specs act as your working contract
- Once the first version is complete, we’ll email them to you giving you the chance to review and make notes about anything you would like to add, don’t understand or don’t want done. (Remember, this is your contract, and this is the work that you will have done. If you are confused by anything please ask us to explain)
- Depending on the job size, we may have to make edits and create new version
- After we have a final version of the specs that suites both parties, we both sign the specs and make it an official contract.
- A payment schedule will then be drawn up and finally....
The work can begin!